Effective Recruitment & Selection
Call For Info
Call For Info
This open Master Class is aimed at all managers and supervisors within the business who are responsible for interviewing and appointing staff, and want to minimise the risk of getting it wrong.
Very few managers know how to tell the difference between a top performer and an ‘eloquent incompetent’. It as a fact that a very high percentage of recruitment decisions are made on the basis of appearance factors alone. Recruitment is one of businesses biggest problems. The incredibly high cost of getting it wrong, according to the CIPD is as high as £12,500 per employee.
The ‘Effective Recruitment & Selection’ Master Class shows delegates how to re-stack the recruitment odds in their favour, how to attract a better class of candidate, how to screen the candidates to a first interview short list, how to interview them, what questions to ask and dealing with programmed responses and professional interviewees.
The Master Class will cover the practical skills needed to make recruitment interviews productive and focused. It will enable delegates to understand the important stages of the recruitment process and how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract and select not just the best person for the job but the ‘RIGHT’ person for the job.
Master Class Objectives
- How to identify important and appropriate recruitment and selection methods
- How to structure a quality recruitment process
- How to conduct an effective interview and identify programmed responses
- How to use personality profiling tools and aptitude tests within the recruitment process
Delegates Will Learn
- How to determine starting points and selection criteria
- How to define the job specification and person profile
- How to advertise – the do’s and don’ts
- How to conduct the first interviews – defining a procedure
- How to use ‘practical intelligence’ tests
- How to use psychometric profiling tools – taking the BIG risk away
- How to conduct the second interview
- How to check references
- How to construct the first day welcome
- How to fill sudden holes