Key Account Management
2 November, 2021
This Master Class (delivered as two, half-day ‘live & online’ virtual training sessions – see dates below) is designed for National and Key Account sales people who are responsible for winning, developing and retaining high value customers.
Winning and retaining ‘major/key accounts’ has to be one of the most pressing priorities for any forward thinking business. In this Master Class, sales people learn how to manage and develop the potential of key accounts and how to add value into the supplier/client relationship, therefore locking out competitors and maximising the value and profitability of the account.
The ‘Key Account Management’ Master Class is aimed particularly at sales people responsible for the 20% of customers who provide 80% of the sales turnover and covers all the essential planning and preparation stages of key account management.
It is designed as an advanced level programme for experienced sales people and provides delegates with the modern day strategies and robust tools required to manage through the complexity of working with key accounts. The decision-making process at Board, Departmental and Purchasing level is analysed, and successful strategic sales techniques are highlighted that deal with all three levels.
Finally, delegates will develop a better understanding of strategic purchasing techniques within larger organisations and therefore how their own sales strategy and tactics should be adapted to not only win, but also retain these high value customers.
- Session One – Tuesday 2nd November (pm)
- Session Two – Wednesday 3rd November (am)
Master Class Objectives
- To win, develop and retain high value Major/Key Accounts
- To maximise your company’s professional profile with Major/Key Accounts
- To gain a better understanding into the customers’ decision-making process and how key accounts ‘position’ suppliers and how this impacts on your own sales strategy
- To develop and enhance long term relationships with Major/Key Accounts
- To develop appropriate consultative selling techniques for the ‘Decision Making Unit’ (DMU) that helps to penetrate both existing and new Major/Key Accounts
- To produce more profitable partnerships and stronger business relationships
Delegates Will Learn
- What makes major sales (key accounts) different from their smaller counterparts
- How customers position suppliers & how this impacts on your sales strategy
- How strategic purchasing works and how therefore to become a strategic partner
- How to create a selling gap with both new and existing accounts
- How to improve the customers’ perception of your company and the ‘value’ you give
- How to sell into complex accounts and identify the key decision makers and influencers
- How to get inside the decision making unit
- How to develop a relationship marketing strategy to produce a stronger business relationship
- How to determine sales tactics and a selling style for maximum profit
- How to design a modern day Key Account development strategy/action plan